Congress faces a train wreck when they return after Labor Day:
- Federal government shutdown looms on October 1st unless Republicans and Democrats reach bipartisan agreement on new federal appropriation caps for FY 2018.
- U.S. Treasury default looms in early October as GOP remains deeply divided on how to pass a debt ceiling increase.
- Tax Cuts are stalled due to lack of GOP agreement on an FY 2018 Budget Resolution.
- Infrastructure investment is stalled due to opposition to public financing and lack of a capital investment budget.
- 80% of Americans want to mend, not end, the ACA according to a new survey.